The Local Advisory Group was established to provide local input and assist with the New Dunedin Hospital project.
It comprises councillors and officials and local leaders from Mana Whenua, the Dunedin City Council, University of Otago, NZ Transport Agency Waka Kotahi and Te Whatu Ora Southern. The Local Advisory Group addresses non-health issues including transport, energy provision, economic development opportunities, any issues affecting Māori, and training and housing of the workforce.
The Local Advisory representatives include:
- Jules Radich (Mayor of Dunedin)
- Sandy Graham (Chief Executive, Dunedin City Council)
- Stephen Willis (Chief Operating Officer, University of Otago)
- Richard Thomson (Local Business)
- James Cargill (NZ Transport Agency Waka Kotahi)
- Hamish Brown (Group Director of Operations, Te Whatu Ora Southern)
Members of the Project Steering Group and Clinical Transformation Group are also invited to attend.